Security Resources on Yahoo
Yahoo is committed to creating and maintaining a safer online experience for everyone who comes to our network. These tips will help you navigate the Yahoo network more safely and securely.
What to do if…
- You forgot your password. Reset it.
- You suspect your account has been phished (someone acquired confidential information deceitfully). Take action.
- Spam is being sent from your Yahoo Mail account. Take these steps.
- Someone is bothering you by email. Report potential threats or harassment to the Yahoo Help Center.
- You receive unsolicited contact on Yahoo Messenger. Use the tools available to improve your experience.
- You receive an email soliciting your confidential information. Don't respond! Read tips on how to help prevent getting these emails with features in Yahoo Mail.
- You see abuse. Report it.
Tools for signing in to Yahoo
- Use an on-demand password.
On-demand passwords let you sign in to your account without using a memorized password. We will send you a new password to your phone when you need to sign in. Learn how to create an on-demand password.
- Activate a second sign-in verification.
If Yahoo doesn't recognize the device or location you are signing in from, a second sign-in verification will prompt an added layer of protection by requesting additional verification information. Find out about activating a second sign-in verification.
- Look for "https": Proactively check that a website you visit is http-secure: If the site's URL begins with the characters "https" the information that you send will have an added layer of encryption (note the mandatory "s").
Tools for after you're signed in to Yahoo
- Be aware. Ask yourself regularly: Who is contacting me, and what do they want? Yahoo builds in certain indicators to help you identify an email from us. Know the signs. Even if an email appears to be from a trusted pal, if it seems odd or asks you to click links without context, don't respond or click the links. Play it safe. For more information, visit the Yahoo Help Center.
- Take steps for computer and device security. Outside of the tools Yahoo provides, the security of your computer system or other device that you use is important. Regularly maintaining up-to-date security software and being aware of privacy settings can provide added protection and help build a better online experience.
- Update your password and keep it secure. On Yahoo, you can change your password from within your account. Be sure to make your password unique and keep it private. Yahoo's tips for choosing a safe password.
Australia Brasil Canada Québec France Deutschland India Indonesia Ireland Italia Malaysia New Zealand Philippines Singapore España United Kingdom United States Việt Nam en Español 香港 台灣