Yahoo Media Safety Guide
Yahoo encourages you to share your voice with the community. From posting your thoughts on a celebrity's outfit to giving your opinion on breaking news, commenting platforms let you interact with different communities about the topics that you care about.
Basics of the community
Yahoo sites that offer commenting capabilities include: Yahoo Autos, Yahoo Celebrity, Yahoo Food, Yahoo Games, Yahoo Movies, Yahoo Music, Yahoo News, Yahoo Screen, Yahoo Sports, Yahoo Travel, Yahoo Tech.
- Individuals of all ages are welcome to share their comments.
- All activity is governed by the Yahoo Terms of Service and the Comment Guidelines.
You on Media sites
Yahoo ID: To post a comment, sign in with your Yahoo ID. The name you selected for your Yahoo profile will display with your comments. You can manage all of your settings by going to your Yahoo profile and selecting an action in the settings bar in the upper-right corner of the page, including:
- Update your account information.
- Set who can see your profile info.
- Connect to Facebook or Google.
- Manage your About me and Interests sections.
- Design your cover page by adding an image and an alias name.
What you should know
Your comments are public: Everything posted as commentary on an entertainment site is public. Don't hesitate to add to the community and have fun, but as you post, be sure that the content you post is appropriate for all ages. Check out the Comment Guidelines for tips to guide your experience.
You can tell us what you think: Next to each comment, you can see thumbs-up and thumbs-down icons. This feature helps define which content should be visible. Give a comment a thumbs-up rating when you think the content adds value to the community. Give a thumbs-down when you think it does not .
You can use the mute feature to tailor your experience: People will have different ideas and opinions. That's part of what makes the ability to share with a larger community great. If you find that you don't want to see comments from a particular person,Yahoo provides a mute feature. To mute all the comments from a particular person, click the flag that appears when you hover over any comment that the person made.
Commenting activity can be visible on your Yahoo profile: As a contributor to the community, you have reason to be proud of your activity. You can display your commenting activity directly on your Yahoo profile page. To adjust your settings, visit your Yahoo profile settings.
Media safety: best practices
Post with care: As a member of the Yahoo community, what you post can be viewed publicly. Remember this when you post. Choose not to share personal information, and try to be a positive member of the community.
Report abuse: If you see something that needs to be brought to Yahoo's attention, such as comments that are inappropriate or abusive in nature, look for the link nearby that says Report Abuse, Report or Flag. To submit a report:
- Locate the comment or photo in question, and click the Report Abuse link (or Flag or Report) for the entry.
- If you're asked to sign in, sign in and make your report selection again.
- Check the box next to Report Abuse and enter any optional details.
- Click Submit. A thank you confirmation will display when you're done.
Note: When reporting abuse, you can select Mute to no longer see posts from that individual.