Yahoo Media Safety Guide
Yahoo encourages you to share your voice with the community. From posting your thoughts on a celebrity's outfit to giving your opinion on breaking news, commenting platforms allow you to interact with different communities about the topics that you care about.
Yahoo sites that offer commenting capabilities include:
Yahoo Autos, Yahoo Celebrity, Yahoo Food, Yahoo Games, Yahoo Movies, Yahoo Music, Yahoo News, Yahoo Screen, Yahoo Sports, Yahoo Travel, Yahoo Tech
Basics of the community
- Individuals of all ages are welcome to share their comments.
- All activity is governed by the Yahoo Terms of Service and the Comment Guidelines.
What you should know
Your comments are public: Everything posted as commentary on an entertainment site is public. Don't hesitate to add to the community and have fun but, as you post, make sure the content you post is appropriate for all ages. Take a look at the Comment Guidelines for tips to guide your experience.
You can tell us what you think: Next to each comment, you can see thumbs-up and thumbs-down icons. This feature helps define which content should be visible. Give a comment a thumbs-up rating when you think the content adds value to the community. Give a thumbs-down when you think it does not.
Yahoo commenting safety: Best practices
Post with care: As a member of the Yahoo community, what you post can be viewed publicly. Remember this when you post. Do not share personal information, and try to be a positive member of the community.
Report abuse: If you see something that needs to be brought to Yahoo's attention, such as comments that are inappropriate or abusive in nature, look for the link nearby that says Report abuse, Report or Flag. To submit a report:
- Locate the comment or photo in question and click the Report abuse link (or Flag or Report) for the entry.
- If you're asked to sign in, sign in and click Report abuse again.
- A thank you message is displayed.
- In the dialogue box, click the word here for more serious forms of abuse.
- Select the type of violation that you are reporting.
- Click Report.
- - A thank you message is displayed to let you know you've finished.